- PLACE OF PRODUCTION***** This knife is made in Seki city, Japan; a city that holds a history of samurai sword manufacturing for over 700 years and continues to create swords. The knives are the result of real Japanese craftsmanship.
- USES***** 8-inch multi-purpose chef's knife (Gyutou): The chef's knife (Gyutou) is suitable for a variety of tasks from cutting whole meat and slicing salmon to cutting vegetables such as cabbage; the broad blade with a slight curve allows the knife to rock back and forth for fine mincing.
- THE BLADE***** The core is made of a special blade steel AUS8, which has a hardness of HRC56～59 on the Rockwell scale, meaning it is very hard. On both sides of the blade, 33 layers of Damascus Steel made of SUS410/SUS430 (a stainless steel) reinforces strength and has high rust resistance.
- THE HANDLE***** The handle is made of Pakkawood, which is a material that is durable and resistant to humidity. The handle is also D-shaped, which provides stability and a firm grip whether it's wet or dry.
- MAINTENANCE***** Dishwasher safe but hand-washing is recommended;its sharp edge will last longer if sharpened once or twice per month
"GOUGIRI" an 8-inch gyutou (Japanese-style chef’s knife) Cuts Amazingly
Do you have any problems with your current kitchen knife?
GOUGIRI, an 8-inch gyutou (Japanese-style chef’s knife) made in Japan is able to cut various things from soft and delicate ingredients to hard and tough ingredients with just a small amount of energy.
This knife is for people who are looking for a knife that would last for a long time, instead of having to repurchase many cheap knives.
Why GOUGIRI Cuts Amazingly
（1）Blade Material Details
GOUGIRI uses high quality Japanese special blade steel and stainless steel, which allows the blade to be rust resistant, easy to sharpen, and hard to chip.
The core is made of a special blade steel AUS8, which has a hardness of HRC56～59 on the Rockwell scale, meaning it is very hard. On both sides of the blade, SUS410/SUS430, a stainless steel that is very resistant to rust is used.
Now, the "Damascus steel" is created by layering 33 layers of the stainless steel, which are then pressed together then polished by professional craftsmen, resulting in the beautiful pattern and a blade that cuts cleanly.
Once you experience the brilliant sharpness of GOUGIRI, you will be able to understand the high quality of its blade and will be convinced at the value of the knife due to the amount of effort put into its creation.
（2）Handle Material Details
The handle is made of Pakkawood, which is a material that is durable and resistant to humidity. The handle is also D-shaped, which provides stability and a firm grip whether it's wet or dry.
Due to its comfortable grip, this knife can be used for long periods of time without any worry.
- Dishwasher safe but hand-washing is recommended
- Its sharp edge will last longer if sharpened once or twice per month.
- Premium packaging designed to make a stunning gift
The Japanese Craftsmanship
（1）History of Seki City
Known for their blades that "do not break or bend and cuts very well," Seki city is famous worldwide for its production of blades.
These blades are planned and created using traditional techniques in the blade production process that have been passed down from generation to generation.
These techniques of the professional craftsmen of Seki city are trusted by many; so much that companies from overseas decide to set up their factory in Seki city.
（2）Reason Behind Production
Our aspiration to create GOUGIRI began when we heard that Japanese knives were recently popular in America and decided to order some ourselves, which then led to the disappointment after realizing that many of these "Japanese knives" were not as high of a quality as we had expected.
Seki city, where my factory is, has been very good at creating swords and blades from a long time ago. This culture has also been passed down to my factory and the blades that we produce. As we use special blade steel, the polishing is very difficult and requires many hours even for our skilled professional craftsmen.
However, thanks to the effort put in, GOUGIRI, a blade with excellent sharpness was made. I hope this opportunity will allow people outside of Japan to experience its amazing cut.
I promise that by using GOUGIRI, the ingredient's natural flavors will be further enhanced, making your cooking an even more special experience!
You can do these things with GOUGIRI!
・Do you have a hard time cutting ripe fig because the blade keeps on slipping?
GOUGIRI's blade is able to cut very cleanly thus slicing ripe fig very thinly is not a problem. In addition, ingredients that are hard to handle such as pumpkins and cabbage can be cut without having to rely on power and therefore is safer.
・When making sushi, have you ever ended up with a jagged piece of fish due to the knife not cutting through cleanly?
GOUGIRI is able to cut even when slowly pulling the knife through the ingredient, thus the pieces of fish will be evenly cut in a straight line.
・Do you feel like your knife does not cut into the meat when prepping for barbeques?
GOUGIRI's blade has the right shape and length, and is able to easily cut any ingredient to the size you desire. The blade's tip is thin, thus is fit to cut through sinew.